
Lance is 29--yikes! I keep telling him this is his last year of being young and desirable :o) I don't know if you can quite appreciate the kids' artwork from this photo, but they put a lot of time into his sign. I was a little stressed out for his birthday. I had produced a pretty good Christmas for him, so I was short on ideas for gifts for his birthday. I was expressing my anxiety to Andersin and he said, "Mom, Dad deserves a better birthday than me, or Laycie, or Masen, or you. He works the hardest of anybody and he loves and plays with us the most. So, we have to give him the best birthday" Yea, it didn't help my anxiety.
We did have a fun day; the kids all had friends' birthday parties in the afternoon, so Lance and I went out to lunch and went shopping for a new hat for him. Lids ended up having this incredible sale where we got 7 hats for less than the price of two. Now, seven hats may seem like a lot; but it's so hard to find hat that fit a big bald head. Seriously, you'd be surprised how much of a difference hair makes when fitting a hat. Anyways, it was really fun and I have always loved the way Lance looks in a hat. We had a little birthday party here at home for where we opened a few gifts--including the Mega Man Dr. Wily shirt he's wearing--and ate an icecream cake Laycie and I made.
The kids also worked for days choreographing a birthday dance for Lance. Yes, you heard me right. A bit cheesy I know, but is was super cute. They worked hard to be "in-synch" for the beginning, then freestyled it at the end. It was fun to see them teach each other their dance moves. For your viewing pleasure we have front row seats for you to watch the show!!: Enjoy!
(okay, so I just watched the video after I posted it, and it's super pixally and ghetto on my end. I'm having issues with my movie maker; I'll try to fix it!!)

3 comments:
Aw they're so cute Caetie! They kind of remind me of you and your brother when ya'll dance at the stake dances.
Those are some freaking sweet moves that the kids have. No doubt they learned them from Caetie b/c I don't know if lunch could shake it that well. Lance, is that a Bulldog hat? Go Dawgs!
Oh my gosh, that was the cutest birthday video ever!!! I love that they choreographed together! Future Jazz Singers of America??? I think so!
Post a Comment