So, last month before Laycie's birthday we bought her some Disney Princess on Ice tickets. Such a good idea 5 weeks ago, not such a good idea a couple days after my last blog happened. Laycie had been looking forward to it so much and I didn't want something else disappointing happen to her. It was the last thing I wanted to do, but I popped some pain pills and ventured out of the house for our princess date. We started off the afternoon by taking our time getting ready. I put her hair in curlers and let her wear 'mommy-make-up'.
(Um, don't mind the random date on that picture....)
Isn't she absolutely beautiful!! Seriously, I'm shocked sometimes at how pretty she is.
I even got dressed up in a princess dress too! I was grateful it was a dress my mom had made for me in high school when I was a bit heavier--I could put it on and didn't have to think about my post-whatever body. I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt because it was snowing like crazy outside! Seriously, it's mid-March and there is a blizzard.
We painted fingernails during intermission and had some snacks I brought--I thought I'd be cool and buy her cotton candy there, it was $10 for a little bag!! I'm not that cool, so we passed. It was such a fun afternoon with Laycie and it was good to get my mind off things, and myself out of my pjs :o)

3 comments:
What a fun night. You and Laycie look so much a like.. you are both beauties! She will remember that for a long time. I am soo soos oo sorry about what you and your little family have been going through. I wish I could say something to take the pain away. All I do know is everything happens for a reason- who knows what that reason is and trust me I have had some trials come into my life these past few months that have tested me and been hard.. it is hard to see that reason sometimes.. but you will get through it and you will be stronger because of it. Good luck with everything.
Oh Miss Layce. She is SUCH a sweet little girlie. I am glad you were able to go. Sometimes it helps to take your mind of the world for a second. Laycie looks SO cute and grown up in those pictures. I just looked down... this is just Chantel, I am signed into the business account. I am not some creepy stalking you daughter :)
What a fun night! You two look beautiful! Caetie, you amaze me with your strength. You are truly an amazing person. I admire you so much! If there is anything I can do please let me know. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers. We love you guys and are getting so excited to see you in a couple months!
Post a Comment