Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Friday, November 12, 2010

Counting My Blessings: My Family Ranks #1

I wanted to make sure I recorded in a post how wonderful my kids have been this pregnancy. Both Andersin and Laycie has been amazing, and have shown their love in different ways. Andersin is a huge helper. He makes his lunch in the morning, takes care of Masen, and is always there with a hug and genuine expressions of sympathy for me feeling sick. Here is what he left for me one night on his Magna-Doodle:


"Sory that your sik. But dont forget yor baby."

Here is another letter he left me on my bed: "I love you. I am sory that your sik. I can't wit intel the baby comes out of your tummy. By Andersin. Your frend, Andersin."

Laycie on the other hand speaks the love language of gift-giving. Every single day she brings me the same 4 things: a 'puke bucket' (usually a big fruit bowl of some sort, which I've never actually had to throw up in...), kleenexes (my allergies have been a nightmare w/o medicines), a drink of water, and a blanket. Every day. Without fail. She's a sweetie. They are all so excited that I'm pregnant. We told them right off the bat. I figured they'd put it together quickly that I haven't left the couch in weeks, and plus, if I did lose the baby again, they'd find out too. They have been good secret keepers (we still waited to tell everyone else) and I can't stress enough how supportive and helpful they've been. What good kids I have!

Now, although I have no cure stories or pictures; I can't begin to explain how great Lance has been. I get really sick when I'm pregnant, but out of my 6 pregnancies I think this one has been the worse. He has done EVERYTHING for months. Dinner, cleaning, putting the kids to bed, taking care of me...everything. He's a super hero and I'm so lucky to have him by my side :o)

No comments: