Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Sunday, September 27, 2009

National Museum Day

I bet you didn't even know National Museum Day existed! Well, since it meant we got in free to the local children's museum, we made sure it didn't get missed. We went to Wonderscope down in KC. We had never been before--it's a bit pricey--so it was a treat to be able to save the 30 some bucks and go for free!

Masen 'packed' a snack for the trip!

It looked like it was in an old school building, and they had a bunch of exhibits in each classroom. It was a big hit with everyone. Since it was a Saturday, Lance was even able to come!






My kids thought this one was the greatest. There were these big tubes along the wall that would suck/blow air. You could put handkerchiefs in them they turn the knobs to direct the air. Eventually they'd spit out at you from one of the holes. Really creative idea.



They also had the standard water-room. cringe. I tried to avoid it, but it was inevitable.




There was a hospital room that Lance didn't find too interesting :o) He was helpful though in teaching the kids about the different bones.




I was simultaneously yelling "Yuck, yuck Mase! Don't put that in your mouth!" as I was snapping the picture. Swine-flu is not that bad, right?





I realized I was a little uneven in the subject of my pictures--I don't know why I always end up with like a thousand of Masen, and little of my other kids. So, I told them each to pose. This is what I got.



When we got home, the kids found some bugs, and Masen found a cute hat that a friend left at our house. No wonder I take so many pics of that cute kid!


3 comments:

Grandma Lois said...

Those kids are really going to be smart with all the places their parents take them! They are all so cute, I wish I could see them more often, but thank heavens for the blogs!! Love you, Grandma Lois

Chantel said...

He should keep the hat!! I love it on him.

Granny Robin said...

Seeing all these pictures makes me know how much I really miss y'all. I can't wait to play with the kids and talk with them and get in on all that fun! They're all so dang cute!