Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Laycie's testimony


Today was testimony meeting at church. After a couple primary children got up and bore their testimonys Laycie leaned over to me and asked why there were kids up there talking.

M: They are bearing their testimony.

Laycie: What's that?

M: It's where they get up and just tell everyone the things that they know to be true.

L: Mom, what do you know?

I was excited to have this sweet moment to share with Laycie a part of my testimony. I whispered to her:

M: I know that Jesus love us

I know He died and was ressurected.

I know the Book of Mormon stories are true.

I know if we make good choices we can be together as a family forever.

L: What else do you know Mom?

M: Well, Laycie, why don't you tell me what you know?

I was getting a bit choked up in anticipation of hearing my daughters first testimony.

L: I know frogs are green.

I know frogs are slimey.

I know frogs' feet are sticky.

I know frogs are slimey.

Did I say I know frogs are green?

I know frogs are alive and they are everywhere.

Amen.

Oh well. At least she's got a testimony on the Creation.....

3 comments:

Comstock Family said...

That was AWESOME!! I cant wait til Coleton is alittle older to say things like that!

Unknown said...

Oh my word, Caetie, that is GREAT. Absolutely priceless!!! What a wonderful little lady! :) And such a sweet little testimony. ;)

Kari Cheney said...

haha, that is so funny!! she's so cute!