Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fireworks, Food and Fun!


Happy 4th of July! We had a great night with some of Lance's coworkers. Here in Liberty they really don't do city fireworks because every neighborhood puts on there own--sometimes multiple ones in the same neighborhood. It's crazy the thousands of dollars people spend on their fireworks, but they put on the most amazing show. We were just a few yards from them this year and it was a great party!


Everything turns into a photoshoot with Laycie--but how can you blame her? She's a doll!

Andersin, like Laycie, loved it! I had to keep them from getting too close, but they just danced in the cul-de-sac and had a blast.

Masen absolutely hated the fireworks. I thought he's love the lights and everything, but I've never seen a kid detest it so much. He had a serious panic attack everytime one went off. I drove back home and even got his pacifier and blanket to help him get through it, but even that wouldn't help. For some reason he felt save within the walls of the Guthrie's garage. So, that is where he stood. Frozen with fear.





Everyone has to rub Lance's head.


This picture pretty much sums up my night. Masen would grab my hands and cover up his ears. I thought for sure that if they noise was gone he's at least like to look at the pretty lights, but nope. He just burried his face in my shirt the whole time.

2 comments:

The Parents said...

Great pix, Caetie! I looked at my calendar and thought wow wouldn't that be nice if it was July, still. We've had 50 degree weather and can't really remember when it was warm this year! So glad you blogged.
Mary

Grandma Lois said...

I look for new blogging every time I get on the computer, so I'm really glad to see the pictures of your sweet family! Thank you so much!