So, I was in my room when I heard Laycie knocking my door freaking out saying, “Mom, come out! There is something on TV that you have GOT to buy! Come, come quick! I paused it on TV, but you need to get it—you have to! Come see!” I assumed it was something I just ‘had’ to buy for her, but instead saw this:
After patiently watching, deciding whether to be ticked or depressed, I asked her “Why do you think I need to buy that?” She simply said, “Because I want you to be skinny again.” You and me both girl! I was taken by surprise a bit because I make it a point to never talk about my weight around my kids, or talk about dieting, losing weight or anything that shows a negative body image. So, perhaps it backfired because she thinks I’m not trying Well, it’s the sweet part that was followed by this bitter moment that makes it blog worthy: Andersin chimed in and said, “Laycie! I don’t know why you just said that! Mom doesn’t need to get that, she looks beautiful and doesn’t need to get skinner. Don’t say that.” Isn’t he going to be an awesome husband!?! He will for sure take after his Dad and make some girl very lucky! Thanks Andersin for coming to my rescue! (no hard feelings though, Layce)
No comments:
Post a Comment