To be honest; our Easter weekend was a little less exciting than in past years, but good none-the-less. Lance worked a 24-hour shift on Easter Sunday, so that put a damper on things, but we made the best out of the weekend! The Easter Bunny made his annual visit on Saturday morning and in the evening we had a fantastic dinner with our good friends (and my kids’ favorite people ever) Mike & JaNae Ferrante and their boy Jacoby.
On Sunday we went to church and….I don’t think I want to remember that huge fiasco….let’s just say fits were thrown, stress limits were reached, and sadly we never saw the end of Church. Masen spent some quality time on his bed, I spent some much needed time in time-out, and eventually we were able to turn the day around and have our Easter-egg hunt!
I love that picture of Aubrey because that’s her new thing—she just loves to point at everything!
I gave a short devotional on the Atonement/Crucifixion/Resurrection, we watched a short VIDEO of Jesus Christ, and here the kids are looking for the ‘empty’ egg that represents the tomb. All in all, the day ended really good—we just missed Dad!
Oh, I told the kids how many of each egg they were to look for, and Andersin asked if there were any in the clubhouse (the top section of our playground) I told him no. He soon came back and said there were eggs up there, I assured him there weren’t—I specifically didn’t have the energy to climb up there and hide them :o). He said there were 3 blue ones. He was right!! (There is a whole ‘nother blog on it’s way about our little eggs!)
Here are annual Easter Sunday pics—don’t mind Laycie’s red/teary eyes, like I said—it was a ROUGH morning!
Aubrey hates the feel of grass on her feet!
1 comment:
im impressed that you got such great pictures even after a rough morning!!
Thats so cool you have real birds eggs! so cute!
Post a Comment