If you recall; I posted in our Easter post about the little bird eggs we found. We have been going out and looking at them every day and just love them!! There is an identical nest in our front yard with 4 little eggs too, we feel like their our pets. When they hatched it was a great day in our house and we all fell in love!
I have been going out to the nests a few times a week to take pictures, I was excited to document their little lives!
Here is a week later:
I would have gotten a better picture, but the mommy and daddy robin get sooo mad when we look at their babies. They just squawk and squawk so loud!
So, I stuck with the front yard nest mostly:
Well, sadly this love story doesn’t have a happy ending. :o(
A few days after I took that last picture, we got a really bad wind storm and we went outside to find these birds lying dead beneath our tree. We all wanted to cry! The bird in our swing set have grown up and left the nest, but it was never quite the same…
This is why we don’t do pets!
1 comment:
Awwww, they are so ugly they are cute! Harsh reality of nature to lose some. Great pix! Love to all, Nana Carter
Post a Comment