This happened a little bit ago, but I just had to post the pic and story. Andersin is generally a really well behaved little boy. Rarely does he get in trouble...ever. Lately he's been testing out a little rebellious stage, which is completely normal. Most little boys his age, when they don't get there way, hit or yell or throw things. Normal outbursts of frustration. My little boy on the other hand...tends to get a little more creative. A couple weeks ago I was practicing the piano when he asked me if he could watch a cartoon. I told him we were all done with TV for today and to find something else to do. He proceeded to whine and a bit, so I proceeded to warn him against whining. He walked off and I thought nothing else of it. A minute or two later, out of the corner of my eye, I see his pants, underwear and socks on the floor. I looked around the corner and saw him taking his shirt off too. There he was, almost completely naked, so I asked, "What are you doing?!" He looked at me and said, "If I don't get to watch any TV, then I'm not going to wear any clothes!" Um...okay. Little random, but whatever. Then, a few days later we were in the kitchen and he asked for a cookie. I told him we only eat cookies at special times and that he could have something else. He snapped back with, "I don't want anything else, I said I want a cookie." I sternly replied, "You may not have a cookie, and I don't want you to asked me again, okay?" He mumbled okay and I walked off. Upon returning to the kitchen moments later, this is the scene that I met.

As you can tell, he'd opened up every drawer and cupboard in his reach. "What is going on in here?" I said. He stood there with his hip cocked and little arms folded, and with all the attitude of a 3 year old said. "This is what happens when I don't get the snack I want." Are you kidding me?! It was soo hard not to burst into laughter! Did he think I would be so afraid I'd break down and say, "Oh Andersin, I'm so sorry; here, have a whole box of cookies---anything, just don't open the cupboards and drawers!" It was just so cute that he wanted so badly to rebel and lash out somehow, but his little angelic mind couldn't conceive anything more malicious that not wearing clothes or opening my cupboard doors.
3 comments:
I LOVED this post!!! Good little boys do have the oddest (and cutest) ways of rebelling - and kudos to you for not cracking up! I'm not that disciplined yet! ;-)
I am laughing out loud right now! That is the cutest, funniest thing ever! I miss that little Andersin. :) What a sweet boy.
"this is what happens..." that's great stuff. he's teaching you about consequences. that kills me.
Actually, I think he is on to something with the cupboards and drawers. I am going to try that myself next time I don't get my way.
Post a Comment