This is the phrase most often heard in our house--by Andersin and Lance that is. Now, you might think it is referring to a struggle of authority with our toddler or a battle for who will get there way; but in reality it is a literal, physical 'fight' between Andersin and Lance. Everyday (and I don't use that term loosely) they wrestle and duke it out for the ultimate honor--Mom gets to declare a winner. Oooh, pretty exciting I know. It is such a daily, common occurrence that I never think of mentioning it, but then I realized this probably isn't a routine activity in most houses. The matches are complete with trash talking (as much as you can do with a 3 year old, mostly cheesy 80's lines from Karate Kid and Ninja Turtles). Here are some pics from Sunday.
Watch out Dad--don't let your guard down!
Laycie occasionally joins in on it too!
This is taken very seriously..
Oops, sometimes real injuries do accidentally take place.
The ninja stance as a winner is declared.
Andersin lost the fight....who will win the fight tomorrow??
Andersin looks forward to it all day. We've even on more than one occasion heard his bedtime prayers go something like this, "Heavenly Father, I didn't win the fight today. I was really good at using the pillows, but Daddy was better at fighting with the balloons. He is very strong, but I am very fast. I just hope maybe I will win the fight tomorrow." And does win about 75% of the time; it's good though to teach him to be a good sport when he loses--which he doesn't take very well.
5 comments:
haha, that is so funny!!
Boys are so funny. It's a good thing dad's can be around to take care of all the physical energy that the kids need to get out. I know I don't have energy to do that =) Your kids are adorable and I hope potty-training Lacie is coming along.
Absolutely hilarious. I think the rebellion thing is so cute. And as far as the fight night...How could Andersin have lost to such a weakling!!! J/K lance I know you are mega strong.
Bruce
That is awesome! I'll have to show this to Taylor and Andy, they'd love it. It doesn't happen everyday in our house...but there's something about boys wrestling with their dads. :) Miss you guys!
This would explain why you never comment on my blog. You're too busy with all the children to read it.
WORD
Post a Comment