Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Friday, August 8, 2008

Good Choice Marbles

Okay, so I was getting ready to write a new post when I saw this one in my list of posts. I wrote it almost 2 months ago, but apparently never clicked the publish button. So, here it is!


I decided a month or two ago to start an incentive program with my kids. I got a cute jar and some colored marbles and everytime Lance or I caught them making a good choice they were allowed to put a marble in the jar. We promised that when it got full we'd go to Chuck E Cheese's. Well, I bought way too big of a jar (or way too small marbles), and it seemed like each marble dropped in made zero impact....so I have to admit I drop in many freebies after they went to bed :o) They worked really hard and eventually filled it up. There were a couple instances where a marble had to be removed--and boy that was dramatic. Anyways, with rising gas prices it was not very economical to drive the 20 min to and from Chuchk E Cheese's, so we conviced them to change plans. With the money we would have waisted in gas we told them they could pick something out at the store (with a little pursuation from mom and dad). Andersin decided to buy a $5 Wii game card and we downloaded Double Dragon--you can probably guess who's idea that was--and Laycie got a Princess purse set, complete with "make-up", cell phone, credit card, etc. She is obsessed with it, and I'm happy to see her playing with things other than cars and superheros.


It's like two months later and Laycie still takes that purse wherever she goes, and Andersin is playing double dragon as I write--very good investments :o)

3 comments:

Carter Family said...

Good idea! I can totally Andersin playing that game! Tell Laycie that she's the prettiest princess I've seen in a long time, probably since Cinderella. Loves, hugs, and kisses to you all!

Amy

The Wynn Family said...

I think we will have to try the marble idea. I love Laycie's glasses!

The Arizona Richters said...

im loving all the ideas you have for kids! it gives me great inspiration! your kids are darn cute! we love you!