(Sorry if the title offended you; it’s what other supporters sometimes chant at Mitt’s rallies, and Lance finds it funny :o) )
For those of you who didn’t know, we are HUGE Mitt Romney fans. We love everything about him and are big supporters. Our kids actually love him too. Andersin and Laycie have stayed up and watched many a GOP debate. So, when we heard he was coming to our very own Liberty, Mo to have his rally--we were super stoked! We couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see the future President of the United States!
It was a gorgeous, hot day (yes, it was in the upper 70s in the middle of March!!). We took our kids out of school and I went early with a group of 7 or 8 ladies from our ward and all our kids (we wanted to make shirts that said Moms for Mitt). Lance was able to catch up with us after he was done teaching his classes.
The mass amounts of small children drew quite a bit of attention from all the photographers and news media, and I have to boast a bit and say our family got the vast majority of the attention! Not only were my kids’ pics taken for Mitt’s website, and footage of Andersin & Aubrey playing on the blanket aired on TV, and footage of Aubrey on Lance’s shoulder’s played on two different news stations, but also I was INTERVIEWED for KCTV 5!! I was quoted in their article and my interview aired on the 5 o’clock and 7 o’clock news.
It was my moment of fame. I think this is the big break I’ve been waiting for ;o)
No, actually I kinda cringed when I watched it and thought, “Geesh, I hope I’m not really that annoying in person.” But, it was first dabble in the small screen :o) I didn’t see it live on TV, my friend DVRed it and then recorded it with her phone and uploaded it to facebook, so you can see it on my fb wall if you really want (like I said, nothing exciting). Click HERE to read the article where I’m quoted and see the clip of Aubrey on Lance’s shoulders (she’s in the cute patriotic outfit!).
The picture above is pretty cool because you can see the sniper ready to get me the moment I saw something politically incorrect ;)
Just when the day couldn’t get any better, Lance go to shake Mitt Romney’s hand!! Being tall pays off sometimes :o) It also didn’t hurt that Lance purposefully wore a Boston RedSox hat (Mitt’s home team). Pretty sneaky! Mitt did say that Aubrey was cute--Lance had her on his shoulders to get more attention--that may be her claim-to-fame!
Apparently my friend took this picture while I was listening to his speech. It’s my super-pensive-I’m-really-into-politics look. Does it suit me? :o) What a memorable day!
Mitt Romney For President!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment