So, this winter has been rough on my throat; but the past two weeks have been almost unbearable! This winter I’ve had 6 bad sore throats, 3 of them being strep. My doctor thinks I’m a strep-carrier and that I would be ailed with them time after time. After much thought, we decided to go ahead and get my tonsils out. The E.N.T. kept saying, '”Are you sure? It’s really a bad recovery.” I assured him getting sick every few weeks is no picnic either. He agreed it needed to be done, but was still leery of doing it—I can see why now! I totally underestimated how bad of a surgery/recovery it is to have a tonsillectomy as an adult. It was bad the first few days, but I was naïve as to how much worse it was going to get. Last weekend hit it’s peak, I woke up with bloody scabs falling off and my throat was basically open wounds. Even full doses of all my meds haven’t been taking the pain away—but how grateful I am for medicine! The E.N.T. had kept asking me if I had people to help me over the next two weeks take care of my kids and family, after like the third time I wanted to be like, “Listen, I’m Mormon…do you know what that means??? I have a whole society at my beckon call, ready to serve.” And they were; and boy did I need them to be. I feel so overwhelmed with love from all the service we’ve been given. I’ve been on round-the-clock narcotics for almost 2 weeks now and so I haven’t been able to do much of anything but sleep—and I’ve done a lot of that, those meds knock me out!. My kids have had playdates on a daily basis and we’ve been happily stocked with meals every night. The star of this whole thing has been my friend JaNae. She lives down the street and she came over with her baby every morning after Lance left and got my kids up, fed them, got them dressed, made their lunches, sent them off to school, took Masen where he was going for the day, and took care of Aubrey. All so I could sleep in and get rest. I am soo blessed to have such good friends here. Anyways, this has been what I’ve been living on the past 12 days:
Me and Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker have become the best of friends. I use it at least twice a day. Milkshakes, green smoothies, slimfast (eww) and pureed soup has pretty much been it. I’m so hungry!!
One good things that has come from the past two weeks is that I found a creative outlet for my pain. I started making Aubrey headbands to take my mind off of how bad my throat hurt and found it was something I could do that took little physical effort. I have made around 75 (and am in the process of making about 20 more)! Apparently I can be pretty creative when I’m high :
These pics are just showcasing the headbands—not my photography skills or Aubrey’s cuteness (she started getting annoyed as I kept taking them off and on)—so sorry they’re a little rushed.
Unfortunately, this is also what Laycie’s room has looked like. I need a craft room! Some day….
Well, I hope to be 100% soon; now I just feel like I have a bad sore throat. That I can handle. Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes! I’m on the mend!
2 comments:
So sorry that you have been sick! I wish I could have been there to help! It looks I am going to have to hire you now to make headbands :) They look super cute!
Those headbands are adorable!!! I loved the butterfly one! Great Job!
Post a Comment