Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Friday, May 11, 2012

The BIG 3-0!

Well, I finally joined the 30s club—and I’m going to be honest; it feels great :o) I feel legit now!

I started off the day great; how can you not by looking at these? (Thanks Jeff & Mary!!):

IMG_2711

Once again, Lance and the kids made me feel super special. Lance always gets so creative and this year he & the kids came up with a super fun game of Deal or No Deal all for me :). Lance was ‘Howie’ the host, Masen was the ‘hot model’ that opened the cases (turned over the papers)and Laycie and Andersin were the bankers (stationed in the bathroom).

It was nerve-racking because it wasn’t just a game—my birthday presents were on the line! Eeek! I had to win money to go birthday shopping for our date tonight.

So, I put my game face on and let the game begin.

IMG_2687

The cases ranged from $1 to $75. I picked my case—#11, since my birthday is on the 11th—and crossed my fingers it was a good one!  After each round Lance would call the bankers on his cell phone and they’d give me an offer and I’d have to push Deal or No Deal (on the socker boppers).

IMG_2690 - CopyIMG_2694 - CopyIMG_2695

IMG_2692 (that’s my No Deal! face)

It was SUPER stressful; the bankers were pretty tough and I found myself down to two cases 25 and 75.

Was I confident mine was the $75?

Could I risk it?

I couldn’t. The bankers gave me a fair deal at $57 and I took it! I was ecstatic….until my case was opened and I DID have the $75 case!! Lance said he put it in #11 because that’s the day my birthday’s on :o) Great minds think alike I guess.

IMG_2706

IMG_2702 (I just had to mention how ca-uute she is!!)

IMG_2708

We all went out for ice cream afterwards:

IMG_2710

Lance and I spent the evening together going to one of the coolest restaurants we’d ever been to—Em Chamas; it’s a Brazilian restaurant where they walk around with all sorts of different meats on skewers and they just kept coming and coming ‘till you stay stop! (Which we didn’t do until we absolutely had to!) They also had a fantastic side dish bar with so many yummy things to choose from. It was such a fun experience! IMG_2714IMG_2719

We met some crazy geese while we were waiting for our reservations—all the males were super protective of the female (sitting on top of the rocks); she must have had a nest or something up there because they kept screetching at us the whole time we were sitting there, I thought they might attack me!

It was a great day and I feel so lucky!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AHHHH! thank you. These are so great. I thought for a minute there we forgot your b-day, sooo long ago. No more harassing Lance about bein old, now. Mary

Grandma Lois said...

What a neat idea to play that game! Lance is quite the thinker! It looke like the kids were really good helpers!!