Reason #1: Andersin

Andersin is just my little buddy! He had turned into such a good helper--cleaning, being my gopher, and actually being someone I can really talk to. His latest obsessions are his "fighting guys"--which is really any action figure, toy, object, etc that he can make fight each other. Usually at least one of them must be a ninja turtle. He'll frequently have 4 or 5 in his hands, carrying them wherever he goes. The other addiction is Super Smash Brothers (for all of you without boys--or husbands who still act like boys--it is a Nintendo video game). His mind is just consumed by video games (which is why we limit them to only Friday and Saturdays), and he will talk your ear off, if you let him, about which character does which moves and how they best compete with each other. I'd like to say I don't know where he gets it...but...I'd be lying....ahem, Lance...
Reason #2 Laycie

Laycie is such a doll! He has become just the sweetest, cutest little girl ever! Her little, high pitched voice and dimples just steal your heart off the bat. Then, once you get to know her you fall in love with her affectionate, considerate side matched with a permanent smile. She adores her brothers. Her and Andersin share a room and when they start acting up at nights we don't threaten her with time-out or anything, all we say is "Laycie, you need to go to bed or you will get no Andersin." To her, the thought of him having to sleep in a different room is the worst punishment! She is also the best mini-mom to Masen, mimicking everything I do. She is growing up so fast and her little personality is everything I wanted in a girl.
Reason #3 Masen Mavrek

Isn't he precious?!! Gosh, I love that kid! He is my little love right now. He is such a good, well-mannered baby and I am so lucky! He is finally smiling and it makes everything worth it. Everyone says he's the spitting image of Lance, so he's sure to be a heart-breaker!
Well, sorry for the lengthy blog. I just feel so bad that the world doesn't look on motherhood the same way I do--but I guess everyone can't be as lucky. I'm so blessed!
10 comments:
It is so great the you posted about how much you love being a mom. There are so many days that I let all the mishaps and little things drag me down. Thanks for the positive reminder.
Hey Caetie it's Julianne (Juli Hamilton) Eggenberger. I stumbled onto your blog through Brittany's and I just wanted to say hi and congrats on your new addition. He is so beautiful. All 3 are, but he is just such a sweet looking baby. Hope you are well. Take care.
Yes, we totally have a mini bathroom in our nursery! Our building is brand new and they have a total bathroom with mini sink, toilet, and paper towel dispenser that's connected to the nursery room. It is fab! But I do think that they're not doing them in future buildings because of the whole child safety reason. You know, windows on every door, 2 teachers if you have a male teacher, etc. Sad, but true. Anyway...I'm so glad you give mothers a good name and share with people that motherhood isn't something to be endured, it's to enjoy (although, not ever moment is divine)
Caetie that was such a nice blog. You are such a good mother and such a good example wherever you are. Those three special spirits are very lucky to have you! And Lance of course. Thanks for being such a good mother and wife to our grandchildren and son. We love you. Mary
You have a cute fam... and I know I say that every time I post but it is true. I agree with some comments that were made... you made me re evaluate my attitude from day to day. Hopefully I can just relax and enjoy every moment.
Awwwww! Look at how cute they all are!! 1 adorable niece, 2 adorable nephews, and one way cute sister....all too far away! PS figured out the post thing, you were right...had an account the whole time!
AWWW Caetie, I love your blog. I have 2 great reasons for why I love being a mom too :) Maybe a third soon we'll see. Your family is beautiful!
I love reading all about my grandkids and their families. I'm so lucky to have such a great family! I love you. Grandma Lois
I'm clapping for you right now. Great post. And you do have some pretty dang cute kids there.
So cute Caetie! Thanks for this blog! I love being a mom too! Even when they cry because that means they need you the most! We really are so blessed to be able to do what we do! And your kids are blessed to have you as their mommy!
Post a Comment