Then that evening he surprised me by taking me to a well-acclaimed Thai restaurant downtown. I LOVE Thai food! I make it a lot here at home, but don't get to go out and eat it a whole lot (Lance says he way prefers the Thai food I make over any restaurant--isn't that sweet?). We ordered a couple different curry dishes---mmmmm---and poor Lance absolutely hated it! He took a couple bits of his, one of mine, then was done! He politely sat there while I devoured my food. He must have been inspired because he had me pick up a couple Papa John's pizzas for the kids and the sitter before we left. Let's just say he was eager to get home! I was happy because I have all these yummy leftovers in my fridge. Poor Masen struggled a bit when we were gone. He's hitting that awful 'separation anxiety' stage; but luckily we have the most angelic babysitter--she's really the best, so I could leave and not worry. When we came home and I had a little treasure hunt for Lance to find his present. I had replaced his wedding ring he lost; he's been without one for a year and a half, and I was getting sick of having all these chicks hit on him all the time, so I got him a new one. All and all an amazing night! It's great being so in love!
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Happy Valentine's!
We had a great Valentine's Day this year! I'm pretty cliche when it comes to what I hope to get on V-day--cards, flowers, romantic girly stuff. Lance did well. He had a rose and cute card laid out for me in the morning, then sent me off to the day spa to get a spa manicure before our night out. It was so fun! I had actually never had a professional spa manicure and I felt like I was living the high life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, that's great!!! :-) And I can totally sympathize with Lance's distaste for curry - Hubby loves it, and I... don't. Fortunately, there are a few Thai dishes that don't include it, LOL!
And YAY for Papa John's pizza, LOL!!! ;-)
Awwwwwww!;) that is sooooo sweet.
I worked a half a shift and came home and did lobster and shrimp. Jeff & Dan had had a very bad day and I wasn't taking them anywhere! Besides I dislike v-day cause it is so commercialized :(. I want them to treat us like it's a special day every day. Am I right?! Love you all, Mary, Mom
Lucky duck! Spa manicures and pedicures are my favorite indulgance. Once you go, you have to keep going. :) What a nice valentine's day!
That is so sweet. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! Your nails look fabulous!!!
I love it that y'all are so in love!!! You're perfect for each other!
Madre
Post a Comment