Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Vacation Time--Day 3



Well, Sunday usually brings the same routine, but we woke up this morning to icy snow and so church was cancelled. I remember the days as a kid when I probably would have secretly been excited that I got to sleep in and stay in my pjs and all ; but now as an adult I had two thoughts. The first was "Bummer, I really will was looking forward to the lessons and spiritual enlightenment." Then, next, "Shoot, now what am I suppose to do with these kids all day???" We ended up just having some really fun family time and playing in the snow. It was actually my kids' first experience playing in snow--I'm too much of a pansy to take them out myself, so since Lance was home I had him venture out. We realized we were not well equipped with appropriate snow clothes (notice Laycie's snowsuit is for a 12 month old), but after wiping away a few tears from Andersin because he had to wear pink snow pants and a few tears from Laycie because she couldn't wear pink snow pants, they had a lot of fun. As a mom I don't think the amount of effort it takes to get them dressed and undressed in all those layers equals the fun they have, but it is what we do.

No comments: