Lance is officially on vacation for the next 8 days! Stay tuned to hear all the fun things we'll do! Here's day 1...Well, Lance was on call at the hospital V-day (24 hour shift), so we officially celebrated it on Friday. It was so fun! Lance got me a blender--not so romantic, but much needed, but then surprised me with a spa pedicure at a day spa in KC. Now that's a romantic gift! It was amazing! I had never had a spa pedicure before, and I loved it; I
felt like a movie star the way I was pampered. They took me to this special room and sat me in a message chair w/ the remote and put my feet in the swirling jetted foot bath, then over the next hour they messaged, oiled & lotioned my feet and legs, then exfoliated and painted my toes. I had my hair cut right before hand, so it was 2 hours of bliss. It was the best present ever!! As for my gift to Lance, I got him gift certificates to Retro Bowl in Liberty along with bowling shoes! Hey, it will be for date nights, so there is a romantic aspect of this V-day gift. He really loved it--he's been wanting bowling shoes for years, so I think it was a hit. We ended the night by going to the adult stake dance--it was a party....a lame, awkward party, but we liked it. It felt like I was in junior high again. 95% of the couples were sitting or standing up against the wall; but not Lance and I, we were out there busting a move--sometimes by ourselves. We just didn't see the point of being at a dance without, well, dancing. It was fun and a perfect end to a great day!
felt like a movie star the way I was pampered. They took me to this special room and sat me in a message chair w/ the remote and put my feet in the swirling jetted foot bath, then over the next hour they messaged, oiled & lotioned my feet and legs, then exfoliated and painted my toes. I had my hair cut right before hand, so it was 2 hours of bliss. It was the best present ever!! As for my gift to Lance, I got him gift certificates to Retro Bowl in Liberty along with bowling shoes! Hey, it will be for date nights, so there is a romantic aspect of this V-day gift. He really loved it--he's been wanting bowling shoes for years, so I think it was a hit. We ended the night by going to the adult stake dance--it was a party....a lame, awkward party, but we liked it. It felt like I was in junior high again. 95% of the couples were sitting or standing up against the wall; but not Lance and I, we were out there busting a move--sometimes by ourselves. We just didn't see the point of being at a dance without, well, dancing. It was fun and a perfect end to a great day!
1 comment:
Katie, you look fabuloso...Miss you! And good for you. I agree, why go to a dance if you're not going to bust a move.
Post a Comment