Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Vacation Time---Days 5&6; The Great Wolf Lodge
Whew! What an exhausting 36 hours! Having that much fun sure takes a lot of energy. We left on Tuesday afternoon to go to the Great Wolf Lodge--an indoor waterpark in KC. There was one in Ohio that we went to last year and loved. It was even better this time. The kids absolutely devoured every minute of it. Andersin kept telling me, "Mom, this is the best day I ever did see!" Lance had a great time too; I, unfortunately had the sad realization on the drive down that since I am pregnant I wouldn't be able to go on any of the waterslides. I don't know why it didn't occur to me before. Laycie was brave and went on all the adult waterslides with Lance, and Andersin loved playing on the water forts and kid slides. There was a lazy river, a warm pool, a big pool w/basketball nets and balls, and all sorts of fountains and water fun! Since it has the lodge atmosphere, it was kind of dark at the waterpark, so our videos didn't really come out. We have a few pics though. We played there all Tuesday afternoon/evening, then went to the 'chuck e cheese' type place they have inside, had pizza in our room, then ended the night by putting the kids in their cabin (that was built inside our room w/bunkbeds) and giving them treats and watching Toy Story. They were in heaven! The next morning we swam some more and then went out to IHOP on our way out. What a fun family trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment