Me "Okay, let's go have breakfast."
Andersin "No Mom, you look tired; why don't you stay in bed and I'll go take care of Laycie for the day. I'll wake you up after I put her down for her nap later and you can play with me then."
Me "Thanks sweetie, but I'm really fine."
Andersin "No Mom, I don't want you to come; I want to do it all by myself."
Me "Alright, let me open the gate."
Andersin took Laycie's hand and started to go down stairs
Andersin "Mom, go back to bed now."
Obviously I pretended to go back to bed, but when they turned the corner and sat on the steps and anxiously listened to how things would go. I heard dishes shuffling and chairs moving.
Laycie "mumbling something"
Andersin "Laycie, I don't have time to talk right now; I really must clean" (I wonder where he's heard that before."
I realized I actually needed to see what was going on, so after a couple minutes I snuck down the stairs and quickly tiptoed into the front living room to peek around the corner. There I saw Laycie with her bowl and fork sitting in her booster seat about 3 feet away from the table (obviously Andersin underestimated how heavy the chair would be with her in it and couldn't push her in). He had a new box of cereal he was desperately trying to open. He had torn it into about 4 or 5 pieces before he realized the task of opening the bag inside the box would be even trickier. The bag got opened and I cringed a bit as he went to pour some in Laycie's bowl (which by the way I realized later that since the cupboard with the bowls is way higher than he can reach, the only thing he had access to was the dishwasher with dirty bowls in it--oh well, nothing like mixing last night's potatoes and gravy with this morning's cereal). He went to pour it in, making sure the hole in the bag was upside down, and we can all guess the scene that I witnessed. It wouldn't have been so bad had it been frosted flakes or Lucky Charms, which would have just fell and stayed on the table; no he was pouring Trix...hundreds of little balls now rolling all over my dining room table and floor. At this point I decided to make myself known and help him out with the milk pouring--I wasn't ready to watch that. I obviously couldn't let it last too long, but part of me wonders what would have happened had I really gone back to bed.....
10 comments:
We found your blog on Bryce and Amy's and thought I would check out how my cousin Lance is doing. Anderson sounds like he keeps you busy. I can't believe how big he is the last time I saw him I think he was only like 6 months. Crazy how time flies. This seems to be the only way that I get to keep in touch with family across the nation. Here's our blog is you want to see what we are doing
www.thewynnfamily.blogspot.com
Your family is darling! We will be checking back, often!
Danielle
Oh my GOSH, that is too cute and hilarious!!! You have a totally sweet little helper there! What a great big brother :-). Hopefully he'll be able to refine his helping routine soon, too! ;-) (You have such patience, watching him help with all those things!)
Caetie, that is such a cute, funny story. I miss Andersin! I loved having his cute laugh around my house when he came to play. :)
That is hilarious! Andersin is way too cute. You'll have a great little helper with your 3rd, huh?
Caetie! You're going to think I'm a stalker! I have a blogspot too! It's saraharward.blogspot.com Feel free to check it out. If you don't mind, I'll link your page to mine. Funny thing, Brittany (Terry) Elmer married my sister Amanda's husbands cousin. Does that make any sense? So, I've seen her page. Your family is too cute!!
That is do cute :) Good for you for staying in the shadows for so long, I bet he felt like he really was helping you out!
That is AWESOME! You're such a good mom to let him think he could take charge for a while. I'm such a control freak-"NO" would have been out of my mouth before I had time to think. He's such a sweet boy! We miss him...oh, and you guys too:)
That is soooooo cute! What a fun guy, we miss having him over to play.
that is too funny!! what a great little helper you have.
That was great!!! Thanks for sharing. I ditto everyone else, we sure miss you guys.
Post a Comment