Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Monday, May 12, 2008

A weekend of ME!

I had a great Mother's Day this year--especially considering it was my birthday too! Lance made it a point to celebrate 'me' the whole weekend, so I didn't get jipped. What a thoughtful husband! I literally did not lift a finger to do anything motherly or housewifey ALL weekend. It was fantastic! I spent all of Saturday morning/afternoon garage-selling (which I'm obsessed with) and relaxing and partying the rest of the day. Lance took me out to eat some great food at a nice restaurant, then we went to the movies (we've only been to 2 in the past 4 years!) and saw Iron Man--very good movie. I loved every minute of the day!


Sunday started with breakfast in bed and a morning of being lazy--what more could you want?One of the things I've been looking forward to most for this Mother's Day is the fact I finally have a primary-aged child that gets to sing to me in Sacrament Meeting! So, I was bummed to find out that Andersin woke up Sunday morning with the bit of the stomach flu :o( But, lucky for me, I'm a selfish mom, so .... I made him go anyways. I know, I'm horrible. We have 1 o'clock church and he said he was feeling better and wanted to go, so I didn't hesitate to let him. He was sooo lethargic and not well during the beginning of sacrament meeting and I quickly realized I'd made a mistake, so we took him home.....okay that would have been the right thing to do, but like I said, I'm a bit selfish and REALLY wanted to see him sing, so I had him stay. When it was time he walked up there and my plan began to crumble and backfire as I saw him get shoved to the back row where only part of his left ear was visible. I sat there during the first two songs thinking, "No way did I drag him all the way here to not even get to see him sing!" My heart was broken. Then, as all was lost, this other mother in the first row ran up onto the stage and got Andersin and moved him right to the front row for the last song! I was sooo thankful! This wasn't even her kid, but she knew he was not being seen. What an angel! Anyways, I got to see my pale-faced, sickly son barely mumble the words to a song he obviously didn't know; and I was as proud as could be! Then, yes, we took him right home :o)




Andersin trying to get some fresh air to help his fever and nausea.

No comments: