Well Masen hit his big 2 week birthday yesterday, which means a few things: my mom and her help have long since gone (and the clean house she left me with is no longer), the wonderful meals have stopped coming in, and it's back to real life. Luckily, Masen is off his photo light therapy--hooray! We are eager to see if he can start gaining weight soon. He is actually sleeping good at nights--as good as you can get being 2 weeks old. I usually only have to get up with him for 2 feedings. Not bad huh? Andersin and Laycie are adjusting great and it is nice to get back into a routine again. Here are some of the latest pics of them!

Oh, and speaking of having to cook my own meals now, before the baby was born I spend many hours preparing freezer meals to make my life easier after he came. I ended up making over 50 meals (not all at once though)!! Everything from chicken cordon blue to calzones to chili to enchiladas to casseroles, etc, etc, etc. Impressed? Well, I'll have to let you know how they turn out when we actually eat them :o) 

9 comments:
I'd say you are doing pretty dang good for your baby only being two weeks old. My in-laws are in town for the next few days, but after that we would love to have the kids over for a playdate. Alexis could use some company right now with McKinley in summer school!!
ps- sorry about the park yesterday, of course the only time the dr could get me in was right at 11am. I was going to come after but Jax was really not feeling well.
I think I'll hire you to come make amazing freezer meals for me when I have this next baby!! I'm very impressed! It's always a sad day when your mom has to leave and you are once again faced with reality! Good luck.
You have a very cute family. and yeah I am very impressed on the freezer meals--I've always wondered how you fit them all in the freezer but now I know. :) How nice to have your mom come out for a bit and help I'm sure it was hard to let her go.
WOW, way to be prepared! I'm impressed.
Ditto the "WOW! I'm impressed!!!" :-) Hope little Masen is gaining weight soon! :-)
I am amazed! I shouldn't be because I always knew you were going to be an exceptional wife and mother! I'm so impressed. Thanks for inspiring me!
Hah! I found you too! Adorable baby and adorable blog!
Two weeks already! The food idea is great. I wished I was that prepared!
That's awesome Caetie! 50 meals? You're amazing, let me know how they turn out! And your kids are so cute...I can't believe how big Andersin and Lacie are getting!
Post a Comment