Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our little glow-worm :o)

So, I don't know about all of you other 80's kids, but I totally had a one of those glow worm toys growing up--do you remember those? Well, little did I know I'd actually have a real life one when I grew up.
Masen has been quite jaundice ever since he came home from the hospital and we are on day 5 of having him attached to this photo-therapy machine. It's uncomfortable for him I'm sure to wear, and even more awkward for me to deal with. He has to be hooked up to it 24/7 and so there is like a 4 foot radius for him to be moved around in. He is slowly losing more and more weight, but hopfully he'll bounce back soon. He is such a cutie and it is hard to not get good cuddling in because of this silly contraption.

Here Masen is ready to go to the hospital yet again. We've been getting his blood drawn pretty much daily. He's a tough kid.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear your poor little guy's having troubles... hope he's able to snuggle and eat better soon!!!

Amy said...

Poor little guy, he is adorable though! :)

BHodges said...

At least he looks like an awesome astronaut!

My prayers are with you, brother. ;)

The Wynn Family said...

I hope he gets over the Jaundice, soon. Not fun! He is a pretty cute kid though. Lance to answer your question of where we are going to residency... we aren't sure. We are waiting to hear from a program in OK if that doesn't go through then we are staying in Las Vegas to do a year of research. It is all up in the air-unfortunately for my sanity. :)
Danielle

Annie said...

What a doll! We'll be praying for you guys! I love your new blog design by the way. How did you do it?

Carter Family said...

Presto had the same thing when he was born. we had him under the lights for like a week. He survived though. Little guy is looking good though. Don't be surprised if he stays a litlle yellow for a while. Preston was a little yellow until like his first b-day. weird but whatever.
Bryce

Rapp Family said...

He is adorable and I love that he looks like a Carter already. It was so fun to see you at the pool. You're super mom for doing that being under 2 weeks post-pardum. I hope that he's getting better soon so that you can cuddle him better! Take care of yourself too and please let me know what I can do to help.

Sherrie said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that he's having some troubles right now. I wish I lived close to you so I could help out. :) He's beautiful, what a little trooper. :)

BHodges said...

So I spoke with Cecil and Wendy today...