Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I love to see the temple

So, I'm sure most of you watched General Conference, and you may or may not have heard the temple that was announced in "Greater Kansas City area"! Well, we sure heard it and were ecstatic!!!! Our current temple is a little over 3 hours away. The 'greater Kansas city area' actually encompasses a rather large area, so we knew there would still be a good chance it'd be like 45 mins away--but we were still thrilled. Well, it was just officially announced at our Stake Conference Sunday where it will be built and.....drum roll please.....just minutes away from our house!!! When I say minutes, I don't mean 30 or 40 minutes, I mean like 4 or 5 minutes away! It actually borders our ward boundaries and I pass the lot on my way to Andersin's preschool! What a blessing that will be! It will look like the Twin Falls temple, and will take about 3 years to complete. Our friends will be tracking the progress on their new blog kansascitytemple.blogspot.com.
So, all the more reason for our friends and family to come move out and live by us....:o)

6 comments:

Brit said...

That is so incredible! Especially after growing up hours and hours away from a temple and now you'll drive past it just to go to the grocery store! The Dallas temple is about 20-30 minutes away for us (depending on traffic), but it's so nice to live close. Actually both of my parents work there every Wednesday, it's such a blessing! Oh, I hope your frenectomy feels better! I can't believe we ARE living parallel lives. Let me know if anything significant happens so I can prepare for it to happen to us. haha!

Unknown said...

Yay! that is so exciting! It will be so fun to watch it being built and then taking your family through the open house! what a great experience for you guys!

Kari Cheney said...

That is sooo exciting!! We loved living in Rexburg when they were building that Temple, its so fun to watch it progress.

Jaron and Amy said...

That is so exciting! I'm jealous...
they announced one in the Philly area also, but it's still going to be about 30 min. away from us, better then driving 3 hrs. to DC though! That will be a great for the kids to see the Temple being built too!

Granny Robin said...

That is so amazing! I love it! Y'all can zip right over for special home evenings. And you're right! That IS a convincing perk for packing up the suitcases. Love y'all!

Sherrie said...

I did hear that and immediately thought about you guys! That is SO exciting!