Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Big Top Circus Party

So, I've never been into throwing my kids big birthday parties--they've never actually had one. But, since we have this sweet set-up in our backyard now, we decided to give Andersin a b-day bash. I teamed up with two of my good friends, Chantel and Paula, who have kids turning 5 within a week or so of Andersin for a tri-party. We decided on a circus theme--it was so cute! We had around 75 attend (which didn't even make a dent in the amount the swingset could hold) so it was definitely was a party! We had everyone bring a side dish in lieu of presents, and we barbecued. I was in charge of making the cake, and heavens it was almost the death of me. I thought it would be no big deal to whip up some fancy looking carousel cake. I was wrong. I finished it. It was edible. Let's just leave it at that. Anyways, the birthday kids had fun and we really enjoyed hosting everyone. Here is a sample of what was going on:

Here is a partial aerial shot of the tables and people enjoying food

We had snowcones going--which made things a bit chilly.

Here is the infamous carousel cake. Don't look closely.

We had balloon-animal making and face-painting (okay, so they were stick-on tattoos)

3 comments:

Melinda said...

wow! Looks like fun! I saw Edgar the other day. It was fun catching up!

Grandma Lois said...

That cake was amazing!!! I thought I was brave to host 31 for breakfast, but 75!!! I love you guys. Grandma Lois

Rachel said...

what a party... how fun to have a tri bday party. I'm sure all the kids had a blast. I'm lovin' your swingset... it is AWESOME. I think I would have a blast on it... it's like another house. How fun. It was good to see you guys for a second while you were here sorry it wasn't longer.