Our Happy Family

Our Happy Family
Lance, Caetie, Andersin, Laycie, Masen, & Aubrey

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm it!

Got tagged again; so here we go:

3's and 8's (each section is numbered in no particular order)


3 Joys
1. Family events
2. Date nights
3. Good food

3 Fears:
1. Tragedy happening to my family
2. Any noise I hear the nights Lance is on call
3. Scary movies...any scary movie....even remotely scary...I'm a pansy


3 Obsessions:
1. Right now, the Twilight Saga (sorry Mary, once I got into I actually really loved it..)
2. Garage sales...seriously
3. Creating low-fat, healthful -- and super delicious-- recipes.


3 Surprising facts:
1. I don't like pop
2. I tried out for cheerleading like 4 times and never made it :o(
3. I've never been to a Costco, I don't scrapbook, and I don't run an in-home business (pampered chef, scentsy, mary-kay, ect)....so basically I'm not a real Mormon mom


8 Things I'm passionate about:
1. Missionary work: reactivation and retention!
2. Lance :o)
3. Perfecting my cleaning system/schedule so that my home is always flawless (or at least sometimes flawless....okay so maybe just once be flawless???)
4. Finding good deals
5. My religion
6. Utah Jazz Basketball (at least from Nov-May)
7. photos--taking them, framing them, blogging them, creating gifts with them.....
8. Staying in shape


8 words or phrases I say often:
1. Hold on, give me just a minute...
2. Do you think that was a very good choice?
3. Please be a good listener!
4. Wait till I'm done feeding Masen, kay?
5. I sure do love you.
6. 1.....2.....you better (fill in the blank) before I get to 3...
7. Shh..you're going to wake Masen up.
8. How do you ask nicely?


8 Things I want to do before I die:
1. Do service in a 3rd world country
2. Go on a cruise
3. Learn sign-language
4. Become a philanthropist
5. See all my children married in the temple
6. Serve a mission
7. Become a decent piano player
8. Grow old and grey with Lance (well, I guess me going grey and him staying bald)


8 Things I pray for:
1. Forgiveness
2. We'll be protected from tragedy, or if not,
3. That I'll have the faith to get through it
4. I'll be worthy of the Spirit's guidance
5. My brother, Brad, on his mission
6. I'll be a better mom, wife, and homemaker
7. Parenting advice
8. To know who has a need and how we can help


8 Things I've learned:
1. A cheerful attitude can combat any situation and soften any heart
2. As a general rule of thumb: it's not worth getting upset over, it's not worth arguing about, and it's definitely not worth holding a grudge over.
3. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt; you can never really know people's reasoning behind why they do what they do, you can only suppose that people have good intentions and are doing the most with what they know and have been given
4. My life is better when I can say these phrases and really mean them: I love you; what can I do to help; I'm sorry; I forgive you.
5. The key to true happiness is selflessness
6. When it comes to others' parenting we could all do a lot less judging; parenting is hard enough as it is and the last thing we need is to be looking over our shoulders wondering what others are thinking. No one has ever parented our children, or us theirs, so it's better if we all assume we each are trying our hardest to do the best we can.
7. Prayer works
8. My "To Do Lists" will never be done; as soon as one thing is crossed off another is added on. But most importantly I've learned that that is OK!


8 People I tag:
1. Ashley
2. Mary
3. Kannie
4. Carina
5. Robin
6. Sherri
7. Laura
8. Amy C.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I tried out for cheerleading 3 times and never made it either!!! Oh and I don't scrapbook but I like that you can buy the ones already made!!

Granny Robin said...

Yay! I love tag! I WAS a cheerleader. It wasn't THAT great. I loved your answers!!! Shoot! I just love YOU! You're awesome! I have to think about my answers, but I'll get them blogged soon. Thank you for including me!

Whit said...

Oh my gosh! Love the bloggage! I just joined and I'm still trying to figure it out...and find the time to do it....but it's so fun to see your cute fam and keep in touch with everyone this way. Are you still in YW? Tell everyone HI for me (and Carrie!) We miss you guys!

Carter Family said...

Caetie you're an amazing lady. I hope I grow up to be like you. Lance, Andersin, Lacie, and Masen are all super lucky to have such a heart of gold in their lives. Reading this really did make me re-think where my priorities and concerns lie now and where they should be. Thanks for sharing and giving me an opportunity to reflect! I love you!

Amy